Monday, September 21, 2009

Teri's Elk Hunt Sept 12-17 2009


All I have to really say is "I'm soooo glad it's over!!!" I enjoyed my time I got to spend with Gordon and not having to go to work for 6 days.....It was the hardest thing I have done so far!!! I only shot the gun 10 times and did really well so I thought this will be a piece of cake and I'll be home by Monday so I can golf with Sharon.....ummm nope!!!!! So opening day (saturday) we get up at 4:30am yes I said 4:30 am and get all dressed in our hunting clothes and hop on the 4 wheelers and head out to get a Elk!!! I heard for the first time a Elk bugle and it really is a cool sound!!! I got all excited so we hiked and hiked and hiked and we finally see one!!! I get all ready and I have the Elk in the scope and I shot....and I shot again. I shot 6 times and missed. The Elk kept going back and forth just like he was in a shooting gallery but I was just so excited and NERVOUS I missed it!!! Oh well! So the routine was you go out in the morning at the crack ass of dawn to sit around in the cold waiting to hear a Elk bugle in the hope of seeing it to get a shot well not so much....we hike alot and didn't really see many or even hear them but we keep hiking!!! By Monday it's cold and raining and muddy and I'm pissed I can't go golfing but I suck it up and continue to do whatever!!! Shelly came down and we go out for the morning and I get a chance to shot one and everyone seen but me so I kind of have a melt down but I did get a shot and Shelly thought I hit it and it dropped and rolled down so she gets really excited and screams "you got it" nope missed again!!! Oh well!!!! I did adventually get my Elk on Tuesday night. We went in on Wednesday morning to get him out. Check out some of the pictures below. ~GiRls RuLe~


















No comments:

Post a Comment