Tuesday, June 16, 2009

~NeW YoRk CiTy~



New York Stock Exchange Building



Statue of Liberty



Waiting for the subway




Time Square


I had a super fun opportunity to go to New York City for 4 days and I had a great time! I went with Shelly, Debbie Walker, Sarah Bates, Sandi Bates (Sarah's mother-in-law), Melissa, Kristin and Gina who are Sarah's friends.
We all flew out at 11:59pm Wednesday night and got to NY at 6:30am Thursday hopped in a cab and OMG!!! what an experience that was!! I'm still confused why they even have painted lines in the streets cuz they don't even stay in there lane!! WOW!! So we get to the hotel and check our bags and headed out to explore the city!! There are people every where and the noise of cars honking which by the way is a $350.00 fine for HONKING!! The smell of food being cooked on the street and the air blowing up from the subway is something I really can't put into words. It's something you have to experience and the diversity of people is nuts!
We had to of walked 300 miles while in NY!! We took the subway and it actually was not as scary as the movies make it out to be! I really never felt in danger or scared. I think every city should have a subway...great way to get around. Oh ya when we got into Manhattan we did not see one gas station or grocery store!!! No Wal-mart or Costco either!!
More later........;)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you guys went to NY!! I'm glad you had a ton of fun, and I can't wait until you post MORE!

    ReplyDelete